Sara Abdelhameed Elsyed - 2021-2022 - CMAUCH Scholar.
This year, as an HFF scholar, I proudly finished my diploma in Maritime Archeology at the Alexandria Center for Maritime Archeology and Underwater Cultural Heritage (CMAUCH). It has been an exceptional year for me with all the events that occurred, being full of new and useful experiences. During the diploma I studied six subjects; Maritime Archeology, Marine Environment, Research skills, Archaeology Underwater, Heritage Management, Ancient Ships and Seafaring, and my grades ranged from: A+ and B.
In addition to my studying, during the year I attended many different events such as :
- The launching of Mooc (the first massive open online course) on Underwater Cultural Heritage in Arabic during a seminar at Bibliotheca Alexandrina in Egypt.
- I was lucky to attend an interesting lecture by Professor Dionisus Agius about the life of the Red Sea Dhow.
- the event of (Atlas of Mediterranean Liquidity) in the German culture center Goethe institut of Alexandria.
- The center provided me with the opportunity to attend a training workshop on the foundations of 3D scanning in Ain Shams university.
- I also became part of the team of (Bahar-بحّار), the outreach project of the CMAUCH, Which gave me the opportunity to learn more about the concept and its different engagement ways which was very interesting.
This year exceeded all my expectations, I’ve learned so many things in many aspects، I got the chance to sharpen my skills in different levels, I have met people from different backgrounds who have achieved many accomplishments, one of which is increasing my inspiration, and now I believe I became addicted to knowledge.
I also consider taking a diving course so I can get the full experience and be able to take part in the center’s next excavation projects.
Finally, I would like to thank the Honor Frost Foundation for supporting me with the scholarship, my professor who encouraged me and everyone else who has helped me during this year and I look forward to learning and achieving more and I can’t wait for the next step.