Please read this introduction carefully.
- Your details including address, contact details and current position, academic affiliation & status.
- The title of your project and non technical project summary (300 words Max). Note: If you wish to include images and/or diagrams please upload them separately using the upload facility at the bottom of the form.
- A longer description of your project. Please complete all boxes on the form if applicable to your project:
(1.) The aims and objectives of the project (very important), (2.) Research Questions, (3.) Background and Context, (4.) Methodology, (5.) Project Management, (6.) Relationship to a larger or ongoing project if any, (7.) Regional training opportunities, (8.) Timetable and duration, (9.) What the Foundation will pay for, (10.) Ethical Considerations, (11.) Outcomes and Publication, archiving and preservation.
- Financial Information & Budget Provide a detailed estimate of costs, which may be in the currency of your project, (note the prevailing exchange rate with the UK £ at the time of the application). Please indicate with a * items for which HFF Grant is requested. You must tell us if you seek or have already secured funding from other sources. In exceptional circumstances, request for equipment purchase or preferably hire, will be considered for funding but an explanation of the importance and specific justification of their use in the project is required.
- Publications List up to four of your publications relevant to the project and list all unpublished fieldwork, including publications in preparation and in press.
- A brief CV (in pdf format please) of no more than 2 pages. (Uploaded separately using the file upload button at the bottom of the Form).
Completed application forms are accepted by 1 April or 1 October in any year. Late applications will not be considered. Decisions will normally be notified within four months of the application deadline and decisions on grant awards are final and no feedback will be given. When submitting your application you will receive a copy by email as confirmation that we have received it. Please keep this for your records.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for Small Grant Awards before completing the Form.
Please note that we require your referees to complete your references by 15 April or 15 October – respectively.