The Honor Frost Foundation now offers a PhD scholarship to enable students from the region (Lebanon, Cyprus, Syria and Egypt) to undertake doctoral research in maritime archaeology at a university of their choice. The successful candidate must demonstrate a genuine interest in maritime archaeology and would be expected to develop the subject in their home country upon completion of their studies and on return to their country.
In order to apply for the HFF PhD Scholarship please send us the following:
- Full CV and two references (please attach these to the email as a pdf or word.doc, the references should ideally be from a college, university or employer and need to comment on your ability to carry out the proposed research)
- Outline of your doctoral research (no more than 1,500 words, this can also be attached to the email as a pdf or word.doc).
- Name of your preferred institution and why you wish to study at this institution.
- Details of identified supervisors and why they are appropriate for this role.
- Proof of relevant qualifications to study at your chosen institution.
- A full breakdown of the institution’s fees is also required.
- Proof that you have already been accepted to study at the institution.
- You will need to demonstrate that you have attained the appropriate level of English or equivalent language as required by the chosen institution, or provide details of how you intend to acquire these qualifications in the time allotted. Support for this may be available from the HFF if your application is successful.
These details should be emailed to email@example.com
The annual deadline for applications is the 24th May
As a condition for receiving a scholarship you will be required to submit an annual report on your progress along with a summary for the HFF website, and as feasible contribute towards the Foundation’s activities during the duration of your studies.