All awards are subject to a number of conditions set out below.
Recipients of grants must undertake:
- to spend the funds provided for the purposes and in accordance with the breakdown of costs set out in the application. Prior approval must be sought from the HFF for any significant changes to the proposed expenditure which may not be utilised for any University or institutional administrative costs or overheads;
- to provide a full summary of the ways in which the money provided has been spent (by using our online forms – Final Report Form and Final Report – Financial Summary Form) . See details below. You must refund any money which has not been spent as detailed in the budget outlined in the project application. Grantees will be required to keep all receipts on file for a two year period from the date of submission of the Final Report and Financial Summary. During these two years individuals will be randomly selected to submit hard copies to the HFF office for inspection. Grantees may request permission to utilise unspent funds for other direct costs for the project and the Foundation will consider the request on a case by case basis;
- to meet all regulatory and legislative requirements and to receive all requisite permits and permissions;
- to take out appropriate insurance to cover the activities supported by the grant and to ensure a safe working environment is provided for all individuals associated with the project;
- to acknowledge the support which has been provided by the Honor Frost Foundation at all events, in publicity material, and in all publications resulting from the grant research and to utilise the HFF logo, if it is appropriate;
- to donate one copy of each publication resulting from the work supported by the Foundation for the HFF’s London office;
- to send in, when appropriate, updates and relevant images of ongoing project/ fieldwork for upload on HFF website and HFF social media feeds.
- to provide the Foundation with an appropriate quantity of photographic and/or video material and text which may be used for exhibition and publicity purposes from time to time if requested to do so;
- to complete the Final Report Form on the outcomes of the project as soon as possible after the funded project. The deadline for submitting the Final Report is two years from date of grant application (in either April or October). You must advise the Foundation if the report is to be delayed for any reason;
- to complete the Final Report – Financial Summary Form and repay any unspent funds to the Honor Frost Foundation;
- to ensure both the Final Report and Final Report – Financial Summary forms for awarded project are submitted prior to any second grant being considered for award.
Where electronic resources are created by a project supported by HFF, community-agreed standards and best practice must be adopted with adequate provision for the long-term preservation and availability of the resources created. Guidance on suitable standards in the UK is available from the Archaeology Data Service (http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/) and, on completion of the project, electronic data should be offered for deposit with the Archaeology Data Service or a national similar body.
The Foundation accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for expenditure (or liabilities arising out of such expenditure) or for liabilities arising out of the activities funded by the grant.