Since its identification in 1999, the site of Ayn Sukhna (Gulf of Suez), has proven to be a Pharaonic harbour and logistic platform for the Egyptian expeditions to South Sinai and the land of Punt, on the southern part of the Red Sea. The site was sporadically but regularly occupied throughout a very long span of time, from the reign of Khafre during the IVth dynasty (ca. 2470 BC) to the reign of Amenhotep III at the end of the XVIIIth dynasty (1353 BC), the two main peaks of its occupation being the Old Kingdom (ca. 2370-2153 BC) and the beginning of the Middle Kingdom (ca. 1950-1910 BC). It displays the now well known features of Pharaonic Red Sea harbours: a series of 10 galleries excavated in the mountain to store equipment between two expeditions, as well as a living and operation area, between the galleries and the sea. The site had a lot of assets, which explains is long use: it is in close proximity to Memphis capital city, established on a site with a spring and a small oasis, in a bay that proved to be a somewhat sheltered anchorage, dominated by mountains that constitute a landmark for the sailors. The discovery of two charred boats from the beginning of the Middle Kingdom in the galleries has been, besides all the above-mentioned features, one of the main discoveries on the site. They are amongst the first seagoing vessels from this period found in the world. Harbour facilities have also been identified on the lower part of the site, the most striking being an Old Kingdom 17.5m long pit, dug in the bedrock at 200m from the coastline, which may have been used for the maintenance of the boats. The excavation is now focused on the lower part of the site, to find more of the harbour structures and understand the logistics of the expeditions, as well as their day-to-day life.